Diving Holidays in Asia
There isn't a marine photography book or social media page that isn't full of the weird and wonderful muck and macro critters, fevers of manta rays, shivers of sharks and the ever graceful yet massive whale sharks. We all want to see them, and it is safe to say that they can all be found in Asia! From the Maldives to the Philippines, and beyond, diving Asia has to be on your bucket list!
WHY WE LOVE DIVING IN ASIA
Every little critter you ever wanted to see is here!
And big stuff too - sharks, mantas, whalesharks and much much more.
Fascinating land-based travel experiences as well as superb diving.
ASIA UNDERWATER GALLERY
So many choices, but jumping off the dive deck of a live-aboard in the Extreme South of The Maldives in the early hours of the morning to spend an hour in the water with two whalesharks is the most amazing experience ever.
Diving in Asia
Our current destinations include the Maldives, the Philippines and Thailand - and more will be added on a very regular basis.
The Maldives are renowned for world class diving, and the choice of live-aboard itineraries is huge. Island based dive holidays are just as plentiful, and if a touch of luxury is what floats your boat, then this is the destination for you!
The Philippines is just as difficult to choose what to do or where to go, but it sure does deliver the goods on the critter-count.
And Thailand - a magical country above the water, full of culture and travel-log 'must-do's', and the diving here is very very special, especially around the Similan Islands and Andaman Sea.
Stuck on where to choose? We know just how you feel. Need some inspiration and advice? Just check out our galleries and give us a call.......we are here to help.
Explore our favourite diving destinations
- MV Sawasdee FaSai is a large and luxurious purpose-built scuba diving liveaboard boat, and the newest addition to our fleet. The boat has just undergone a full refit in 2016 in preparation for the upcoming Similan Islands diving season.
- MV Pawara, which means Treasure of the Corals in Thai, is our preferred liveaboard for the Adaman Sea. Divers can definitely look forward to an exciting liveaboard experience around Similan Islands, Richelieu Rock and Khao Lak.
- On the golden sands of Kata Beach, discover a resort created with complete relaxation in mind. Beyond Resort Kata offers a unique absolute beachfront location, with sunset views to be enjoyed in settings of laid back ambience and contemporary Asian style amid lush tropical gardens and expansive pools.
- The MV Discovery Palawan, Philippines is an fabulous liveaboard for exploring the amazing dive sites of Tubbahata National Park, the spectacular diving of Apo Reef or the numerous wrecks of Coron.
- Discovery Adventure was constructed in 1987 and recently underwent a massive refurbishment in 2016. This liveaboard she offers amazing dive trips to including Tubbataha, Visayas and Apo Reef.
- Diving in Malapascua is something absolutely unique, as this beautiful island is the only place in the world where you can see thresher sharks almost every day. The island has also become justly for diving Monad Shoal, where you can encounter manta rays, devil rays and hammerhead sharks. © Alex Stoyda
- Indulge yourself and surrender to luxury resort of Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, where the warmest of Philippine hospitality is combined with first class amenities and service.
- Best known for all sorts of rare critters and amazing muck diving, Dumaguete is at the top of the list for underwater photographers. Dauin’s Marine Sanctuaries line the coast and can easily be accessed from the shore or by boat. Most of the Dauin dive sites are characterised by brown volcanic sand and a multitude of rare critters, mixed up with coral bommies.
- Magic Island Dive Resort is located in the quiet southern part of the Moalboal peninsula. From the resort we oversee the mountains of Cebu Island. Nestled in between tropical gardens there are 10 bungalows all with private balconies
- The island of Cebu is the hub for activity in the Visayas. The island's prime attractions are its white sand beaches and spectacular diving. The most popular diving destinations are on the the southwest coast at Moalboal, and off the northern tip of the island at Malapascua. © Bo Mancao
- Ocean Sapphire is a luxury liveaboard based in the Maldives offering the best of the Central Atolls itinerary.
- Sophisticated and exclusive, the Duke of York was built and launched in the Maldives in 2010. High design and quality standards, combined with the skills of local naval architects and engineers, this yacht is the ideal solution for a fantastic sea adventure in the Maldives with attention to wellbeing and relaxation in a comfortable environment.
- Filitheyo Island Resort is situated in Faafu Atoll, one of the most pristine atolls in the Maldives, abundant in colourful marine life and vibrant coral.
- The Maldives Islands Central Atolls have some outstandingly beautiful coral reefs, but its the abundance and colourfulness of fish life that can be found throughout the atolls that sets these blessed island apart from other scuba diving destinations in the world.