WHERE TO DIVE
Diving Holidays in Africa
Wherever you go in this part of the World, you are assured of great diving. Marine life is the brightest and most colourful anywhere, and warm, clear waters make it a region not to miss out on.
WHY WE LOVE DIVING IN AFRICA
Beautiful reefs, amazing marine life and on our doorstep!
The Red Sea in particular is still the best there is!
Land based or live-aboard - the choices are immense.
The Red Sea of Egypt and Sudan or the megafauna of Mozambique... there's just so much to see!
Diving in Africa
Whilst travel to parts of Egypt is still difficult, or actually impossible when using an ABTA bonded travel agent, the resorts on the African mainland are still easily reached, and most importantly, covered by our bonding too!
Hurghada is a popular trip destination, and way down in the South, Marsa Alam delivers the goods - both resorts are easily reached with a great choice of direct flights, and indirect options too. Equidistant between the two is El Quseir, home of our very favourite short-haul dive base, Roots Red Sea. We have been working with Roots for all of our business life, and just love it there!
With our slection of liveaboards, there is pretty much everything to satisfy the avid wreck diver too, as The Red Sea is the final resting place to some of the most famous (and least known) wrecks there are - The Thistlegorm for one appears in just about every Wreck Divers Top 10 list.
In the southern Red Sea there is Sudan. The coastline and the coral reefs here are fascinating. Many areas are still untouched, and rarely visited making Sudan a very surprising and mysterious scuba destinations.
In Mozambique, diving is excellent all year-round and a variety of exciting diving itineraries can be organised. Dolphins, eels, manta rays, sharks, turtles, huge schools of kingfish, giant lobsters and numerous spices of reef fish are commonly seen. The whale shark, the largest fish in the world which can reach lengths of up to 14m and weigh up to 15 tons, can be spotted between December and April.
Explore our favourite diving destinations
- Hero is a comfortable steel liveaboard was built in 2018. The boat is fully equipped and spacious and the service is characterised by personal attention and away from the crowds.
- Set directly on the beach, overlooking the Indian Ocean, Tilak Lodge hopes to be one of your favourite places to stay when diving Tofo Beach in Mozambique.
- Scuba diving in this region takes place on the reefs between Ponta do Ouro, Ponta Malongane and Ponta Mamoli which offers some of the best shark diving and reef diving in Mozambique.
- Corasiida Guest House sits right on Tofo Beach. From the Guesthouse, you will have a spectacular view of the whole of Tofo Beach with breath taking sunrises over the ocean and sunsets behind the mangrove and palm trees. © Tofo Scuba
- ScubaAddicts Dive Resort has awesome views over-looking the ocean and is perfectly situated for scuba diving with sharks and on the reefs of Ponta do Ouro, Ponta Molangane & Ponta Mamoli in Mozambique. © ScubaAddicts
- Tofo has some of the world’s best diving, from encounters with Giant Pacific Mantas and majestic whale sharks to amazing macro life like sea moths, frogfish and seahorses. © Tofo Scuba
Diving through an underwater wonderland, in the warm, crystal clear ocean Indian Ocean waters of Mozambique and its islands, is a thrilling and rewarding experience. © Tofo Scuba
Our favourite places to visit